The website address of Meta Intellectual Property: https://www.metaip.co.kr/
Article 1 (Purpose of Processing Personal Information)
Meta IP collects and processes the minimum amount of personal information for the following purposes: The personal information that is being processed will not be used for any purpose other than the following purposes, and if the purpose of use is changed, we will take necessary measures, such as obtaining the consent of the information subject.
1. Delegation duties such as intellectual property-related tasks 2. Office processing such as online reception, notification of processing results, etc. 3. Provision of services such as delegation tasks, relevant status guidance, satisfaction surveys, etc.
Article 2 (Period of Processing and Retention of Personal Information)
Meta IP processes and retains personal information within the retention period agreed upon by the data subject or from the subject of the information. The contents and retention period of personal information processed by Meta IP are as follows:
|Purpose of collection||What to collect||Retention period|
|For email or bulletin board consultation, landline consultation for task mandate application||(Required) name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, legal status, (optional) mobile phone number, id scan||Until the withdrawal or dismissal process is completed|
|For running a mailing list||(Required) e-mail address, (optional) name, address, telephone number, legal status, mobile phone number, terminal information and environmental information||Until withdrawal|
Article 3 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
Meta IP does not provide the personal information of the information subject to a third party beyond the scope specified for the purpose of processing it. However, in each of the following cases, it may be provided to a third party.
1. When you have received separate consent from the information subject 2. If there are special provisions in other laws 3. When it is clearly deemed necessary for the benefit of the life, body or property of the information subject or a third party, when the information subject or his or her legal representative is in a state where he or she cannot express his intention or cannot obtain prior consent due to an unknown address 4. When necessary for the investigation and prosecution of a crime and the maintenance thereof
Article 4 (Consignment of Personal Information Processing)
Meta IP does not entrust the personal information processing.
Article 5 (The Rights of The Information Subject and the Legal Representative, Duty and How to Exercise)
The information subject (if he is under the age of 14, speaking to a legal representative) may exercise the following rights:
1. Request to view personal information 2. Request for deletion of personal information correction 3. Request for suspension of processing of personal information
In accordance with Article 35 of the Personal Information Protection Act, we may request that you view your personal information for personal information held by Meta IP. However, when requesting the viewing of personal information, you may be restricted from viewing it in the following cases in accordance with Article 4 of Article 35 of the Act.
1. When viewing is prohibited or restricted by law 2. When there is a risk of harming another person's life or body, or unfairly infringing on the property and other interests of others 3. When a public agency performs any of the following tasks, it causes a significant disruption a. Matters relating to the imposition of taxes, collection or reimbursement b. Work on ongoing evaluation or judgment regarding the calculation of compensation benefits c. Work on ongoing audits and investigations under other laws
Article 6 (Destruction of Personal Information)
In principle, Meta IP destroys the personal information as follows when the purpose of processing personal information has been achieved, or if the retention period has elapsed. However, this does not apply if it must be preserved in accordance with other laws.
1. Destruction procedure: If the purpose of processing personal information has been achieved, or personal information (or personal information file) has elapsed, it will be destroyed in accordance with internal management plans and related laws. 2. How to destroy: Personal information recorded and stored in electronic file form will be deleted in a way that cannot be restored, and personal information recorded in paper documents will be incinerated or shredded.
Article 7 (Measures to Ensure the Safety of Personal Information)
(1) Meta IP takes the following administrative, technical and physical measures to ensure the safety of personal information.
1. Establishment and implementation of the internal management plan for personal information 2. Restriction and control of access to personal information 3. Record keeping checks connected to personal information processing system 4. Encryption storage and management of personal information
Article 8 (Matters Relating to the Installation, Operation and Rejection of Automatic Collection of Personal Information)
(1) The website of Meta IP uses “cookies” to store and retrieve usage information in order to provide customized services to users, and does not use the information outside of the purpose or provide it to third parties.
(2) Cookies are a small amount of information sent to the user’s computer browser by the server (httpd) used to operate the website and are often stored on the hard disk within the user’s PC.
1. Purpose of cookies: It is used to provide optimized information to users by identifying the history of visits to the website, such as the frequency of access and the time of visit. 2. Allow or deny cookies: You can refuse to store cookies by setting the options in the "Tools-Internet Options-Privacy" menu at the top of your web browser. 3. However, if you refuse to store cookies, you may have difficulty using the service.
Article 9 (Remedies for Infringement of Rights and Interests)
Information subjects can contact the following agencies for damage relief, consultation, etc. for personal information infringement.
1. Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee a. Affairs: Application for personal information dispute mediation, group dispute mediation b. Homepage: www.kopico.go.kr c. Phone: +82-1833-6972 d. Address: (03171) 4F, 209, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul 2. Personal Information Infringement Reporting Center (Operated by Korea Internet Promotion Agency) a. Administrative affairs: Report of personal information infringement, request for consultation b. Homepage: privacy.kisa.or.kr c. Phone: +82-118 3. Cyber Investigation of the Supreme Prosecutor's Office: +82-1301 (www.spo.go.kr) 4. National Police Agency Cyber Security: +82-182 (http://www.police.go.kr/www/security/cyber.jsp)